On Sabarimala issue Justice Malhotra, who favored the ban on entry of women from particular age group, had stated, ”In matters of religion and religious practices, Article 14 (equality) can be invoked only by persons who are similarly situated, that is, persons belonging to the same faith, creed, or sect”
In the case of Sabarimala, the PIL was filed by persons who were not “aggrieved devotees”
On a chilling night of January 2019, two women in their forties entered the Sabarimala temple desecrating the sanctity of the shrine. The act was deceitful. The Ayappa devotees, who remained calm throughout the Sabarimala crackdown, finally gave away their patience and called for the strictest protest.
The Ayappa devotees, the Hinduvadi groups, the Antarashtriya Hindu Parishad (AHP) and many such people formed the Sabarimala Karmi Samiti and mutually called for a 12-hour bandh on Thursday. The state police, the communist gang and the anti-Hindu forces joined hands to crush the protest.
- More than 100 people were injured.
- 4 BJP members were stabbed by DYFI goons.
- On January 3rd, bombs were hurled at BJP district secretary N Haridas’s residence in Thalassur, Kannur. In the attack, Haridas’s wife, daughter and aunt were severely injured.
- In Nileswaram, a local BJP office was vandalized.
- On January 3rd, 3 BJP workers were stabbed while they were staging a protest. The attackers were recognized as SDPI members.
- 55 year old Chandran Unnithan, a member of Sabarimala Kari Samiti and an RSS member, received severe injuries when stones were hurled by CPIM members. He succumbed to his injuries later.
- A former BJP councilor named Ganesh (60) from Kasargod municipality was hacked and admitted to hospital.
- On January 5th, country-bombs were hurled at BJP’s Rajya Sabha MP and state president V Muraleedharan’s ancestral home at Kannur district.
- An RSS leader Chandran was attacked by CPIM goons.
Sabarimala was not just the battle of parties. It was the battle of ideologies, spiritual and religious faith, loyal to our traditions and most importantly, the freedom of practicing one’s religion. But soon, the protest and the struggle of the ideologies became a slugfest where Bharatiya Janata Party members were killed for standing with the common Hindus of the state.
It is deeper than it seems.
The below image taken on May 23rd, 2018 is the testimony of a remarkable turnout in the political history of India. Many things took a steep turn after this day.
All the major powerful politicians had joined hands to defeat the major party that stands for culture, tradition, heritage and most importantly, the development. Since that day, BJP members and workers have been silently attacked. For an example, take the example of West Bengal:-
- On 29 May 2018, 18 year old Trilochan Mahato was found hanging from a tree. A note was found beside him, which stated– “This is for doing BJP politics from age 18. Been trying to kill you since the vote. Failed. Today you are dead”.
- In June 2018, another BJP worker named Dulal Kumar was found hanging from an electric tower. In haste, police ruled it out as a suicide.
- In July 2018, 45 year old BJP leader Saktipada Sardar was hacked to death by political goons.
- In October 2018, 33 year old BJP worker Tapas Bagdi was found hanging from a tree in Birbhum. Just a couple of days ago, he and his family members were beaten by five TMC political goons.
- In December 2018, BJP worker Sandip Ghosh was shot dead in Durgapur.
The manslaughter of BJP workers is not limited to non-BJP ruled states only. These are also taking place in BJP-ruled states.
- In December 04, 2018, 34 year old Pratyishmani Tripathy was stabbed in Badshah Nagar, Uttar Pradesh.
- In November 2018, BJP member and vice president of OBC cell, Samarth Kumarawat was shot dead by bike-borne assailants in Pratapgarh district, Rajasthan then having BJP government. He was receiving threats from many days.
- In December 2018, BJP worker Nilesh Maske was killed by a group of men by hitting him on the head with a rod. Eyewitnesses had recorded the video which later became viral. The incident took place at Yavatmal, Maharashtra.
Mamata Banerjee has a slogan for 2019 LS Election- “Do hajaar unnis, BJP finish”. In simpler words, BJP will be finished in 2019. The opposition parties know that it is extremely difficult to defeat BJP based on the ideologies, cultural attachment and traditional impact. That’s why the opposition is trying to destroy them instead of defeating them. This is more evidently clear from the video of one of the probable accused of 1984 anti-Sikh riots that went viral before the Madhya Pradesh assembly election. In the video, Kamal Nath requested “minority clerics to remain calm till the day Congress wins in MP. Once they are in power, they will take care (nipat lenge) of Hindus who vote for Modi”.
On January 19th 2019, TMC called for a mega rally in Kolkata where she invited all major opposition political parties and politicians to join hands to make a strong anti-BJP alliance. When TMC requested CPIM to join the rally, CPIM’s Biman Bose laid down a condition – CPIM can support TMC’s mega rally only if TMC can support CPIM’s Bharat Bandh on 8th and 9th January. Though the two parties didn’t agree on the deal, it shows that even the arch nemesis can try to unite to destroy BJP. The procedure is followed minutely in both Kerala and West Bengal.
Murder isn’t the only way to destroy BJP workers. The united opposition has resorted to even rape to instill fear among the party workers. On January 3rd 2019, the wife of a BJP leader was gang-raped by some political goons in Khardah, West Bengal. The woman was abducted by four rapists when she was returning after dropping her 12 year old girl in a coaching class. The rapists told the woman that they will kill her husband for his political leaning towards BJP.
Amit Shah has rightly said. 2019 LS election is nothing less than Third Battle of Panipat. The opposition is trying to play politics of blood and murder. The opposition parties just want victory and they can go to any extent.
Get real time updates about our posts directly on your device