Congress has always maintained that it was the prodigious sacrifice of Sonia Gandhi because of which she ‘didn’t’ become the prime minister of India. She chose Manmohan Singh over her because she never wanted to hold on to the top chair of India. Her aim in life was welfare of the nation, upliftment of poor, empowerment of women, equal treatment of minorities and overall progress of the country. She just wanted to remain a guiding light for the country. Newspapers of those days paid rich tributes to her, wrote long columns in praise of her, called her the messiah and the sole redeemer of the nation. There were some voices of dissention though that talked of technicalities that made Sonia Gandhi unfit for the top job. Subramanian Swamy was the biggest amongst them.
Here in this candid video, a person asks Subramanian Swamy a question that is loaded with sarcasm. The fellow already knows the answer but wants Subramanian Swamy to present his version of the story. Subramanian Swamy then narrates the whole timeline of events.
- How Sonia Gandhi was slated to become the PM of the nation?
- How Subramanian Swamy sent a letter to Abdul Kalam, then President of India?
- How the letter didn’t reach the president in time and the president even invited Mrs. Gandhi to present her claim?
- How Abdul Kalam received Mr. Swamy’s letter in the last matter?
- The discussion that followed between Subramanian Swamy and Abdul Kalam?
- How Sonia Gandhi’s ambitions were crushed by Subramanian Swamy?
- And how the alleged sacrifice was nothing but sheer compulsion?
Watch this video that rips Congress’s claims apart:
So we see how the proactiveness of Subramanian Swamy prevented the violation of an important clause in the constitution. We also see how hollow the claims of the Congressis are. Sonia Gandhi was no idealist, she was the victim of constitutional limitations. But full marks to Sonia Gandhi and Congress for opportunism, the media for propaganda and of course Subramanian Swamy for his activism.
Get real time updates about our posts directly on your device